Tuesday, April 8, 2008

April 7th - Latest Stories on Cochlear Implants

Keeping the dream alive
Sunday Sun - Newcastle upon Tyne,England,UK
He said: "When I was a bit better, they offered me a cochlear implant.
But my mam refused. She asked the doctors to let nature take its course.
...

"Sweet Nothing in My Ear"
April 20, CBS
Catholic Online - Bakersfield,CA,USA
When Dan Miller (Jeff Daniels) learns that a recently refined therapy
called a cochlear implant offers his 8-year-old son, Adam (Noah Valencia),
..."


I was focused on what I could do to help my daughter hear
ChronicleLive - Newcastle upon Tyne,England,UK
I decided to get Faith a cochlear implant, and it has been a great success.
"She was one of the youngest babies in the North East ever to have the
procedure ..."

The benefits of cochlear implantsChronicleLive - Newcastle upon Tyne,England,UK
"THE first UK adult was given a cochlear implant in 1983, but it wasn't
until 1987 that the first child received one. The procedure is safe and the
benefits ..."

No comments: